Imodium(Loperamide) Instants Melt Diarrhoea Relief Capsules Pack of 6
What is Imodium(Loperamide) Hydrochloride?
IMODIUM® Instants are the fastest dissolving tablets for on-the-go diarrhoea relief.
They’re specially designed to give quick relief in under one hour, when you’re on the go, as they dissolve instantly on your tongue, so you don’t need to take them with water.
Imodium Instants Melt(Loperamide Hydrochloride) Diarrhoea tablets relieve the symptoms of diarrhoea by making your stool in your bowels become firmer, thereby restoring the bowel movement back to normal. The medicine treats diarrhoea by slowing down the muscle movement and thus easing absorption of fluids into your body. The active ingredient in these tablets is Loperamide (2mg).
- For fast and effective diarrhoea relief in under an hour
- On-the-go relief that’s convenient and discreet
- Dissolve instantly on the tongue – no need to take with water
What causes Diarrhoea?
Diarrhoea is generally caused by a bowel infection known as gastroenteritis. However, other causes may include;
If you’re currently taking any other medicine, check the side effects. Diarrhoea might be one of them. Chronic or long-term diarrhoea may be a symptom of a more serious condition, such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Most are usually mild. These include:
Itchiness or hives
Stomach pain or swollen stomach
Difficulties passing water
Narrowing the pupils of the eye (Miosis)
Feeling sick, constipation, or wind
Dizziness or drowsiness
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in the patient information leaflet. You can also report any side effect using the Yellow Card scheme from the MHRA. To do this, go to the website.
What is the recommended dosage of this treatment?
- Adults and children over 12 years: Take 2 tablets to start treatment. Take 1 tablet after each loose bowel movement, up to a maximum of 6 tablets per day.
- If your diarrhoea lasts for more than 48 hours, consult your doctor.
- Not recommended for children under 12 years.
NOTE: Simply place the tablets on your tongue and allow to dissolve.
IBS diarrhoea, previously diagnosed by a doctor:
- Adults aged 18 years and over: Take 2 tablets to start treatment. Take 1 tablet after each loose bowel movement, or as previously advised by a doctor, up to a maximum of 6 tablets per day.
- You can use this medicine for up to 2 weeks for repeated attacks, but do not take for any one attack lasting longer than 48 hours. If your symptoms change, worsen or are not improved after 2 weeks, consult your doctor.
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
If your symptoms last longer than 48 hours, stop taking his medicine and talk to your doctor or a Prime Health pharmacist.
Keep out of the sight and reach of children. Store in the original container to protect from moisture. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the outside packaging.
When should Imodium(Loperamide) not be used?
Imodium(Loperamide) is not suitable for use by children under the age of 12 for short-term treatment, or adults aged 18 and over for IBS diarrhoea. Do not take this product if you are allergic to loperamide or any of the other listed ingredients. Do not take this product if you:
Have severe diarrhoea after taking antibiotics
Are having a flare-up of an inflammatory bowel condition, e.g. ulcerative colitis
Are constipated or your stomach appears swollen
Have acute dysentery, showing symptoms such as blood in your stools or a high temperature
Speak to your doctor or a Prime Health pharmacist before using this product if you:
Have AIDS and your stomach becomes swollen, stop taking these capsules immediately
Suffer from a liver disease
Have had diarrhoea that lasts for more than 24 hours
Have been told by your doctor that you have intolerance to some sugars
Suffer from IBS
Have severe diarrhoea
Are pregnant or may become pregnant